Well it is high time now that your mind and you should shift your trails from basic cakes and desserts to something that you only saw on snapchat or Instagram posts. The fact that you rarely will get to try something new and sweet makes it even more overwhelming to get out from the desk that your body rests in all day, to the baking station and try out the all new doughnuts. Of course, they are not something really new or an innovative thing, but surely not the most thought off when it comes to dessert. While you don’t have yet the time to discover the doughnut, there are a significant number of people with their last name doughnut, this simply means someone from their ancestors really loved doughnuts.If you also want to know about new trending cake recipe ideas? then, visit our website CakenGifts.in
Another fact that will be new to you but not to google is there are voodoo doughnuts or medicinal doughnuts that are coated with medicines like NyQuil and given to the affected person. Amazing idea truly. The perk of making doughnuts is that they are easy to make and look like a masterpiece in the end. If you mess up a little on the shape, just tell everyone that you made a new invention.
You get to see different doughnut traditions all over the world ranging from the most colorful to the biggest doughnuts on the planet. Multi stack doughnuts to miniature ones. It would be even better if you have them as breakfast on a hated Monday morning or just to treat yourself after working hard to get something. This is the best thing about baking, your little mistakes turn into a new creation! Not blunders okay?
This post will take you through a series of steps just so you know what is actually going on all this time.
1. Start off with the dough preparation for the doughnuts. All-purpose flour along with some melted butter to bind it together. Include the basic ingredients that you would usually use. Milk low or full crème, yeast to rise the dough, powdered sugar, 2 cracked eggs, a pinch of salt and some vanilla extract. Bind the dough with some water steady and slowly added in. Make sure not to use ice water or cold water as this will tighten the dough and the products will not bake evenly. If you like the bread crispy, try adding in some grounded plain biscuits to the dough before starting to bind it together. This will make it gooey and crispy at the same time. A tip here is not to keep on adding the flour because that is very tempting while you make the dough together.
2. Let the dough rise for about 2 hours at least. This will make the flavors even better. They bake properly when allowed to rise properly. Slightly brush off some flour and a ax or 4 drops of your preferred oil and cover it with a little space for air to come. If you are using yeast try to use instant yeast as that has faster and better results
3. Start making the typical shapes of a doughnut which is round and ring like. The fun involving part of the whole journey of making the doughnuts. Make them big or small just like the way you want.to avoid getting the dough from sticking to your hands, gently take some drops of oil or flour in. If you want you can also place some small chopped nuts or fruits according to your preferences to make the doughnut a little more unique
4. After you are done making the shapes, take a baking sheet pan and place them on top of the pan. Do not forget to apply a thin layer of melted butter on top as well on the doughnuts. when done applying butter, gently sprinkle some powdered sugar on the top of your doughnuts and place them in preheated oven for a period of 20-30 minutes at 180 degrees.
5. Once they are baked, check if they are brown from both sides.it is possible for the lower side to not cook properly. For handling this situation encountered, turn them slowly and carefully with the help of spatula and let them bake for the next 10-15 minutes from the opposite side. do not keep them in the oven for longer period of time just to have them overbaked and rock solid once you try biting them. Once they are brown from both sides, set them aside out from the oven to cool down. Check for the baking test with the help of a toothpick or a skewer once. Let them cool for at least 10 minutes’ do not completely cool them by keeping them in a fridge else they will harden over the time being
6. While they cool down prepare the glaze for dipping them in. Now here you can prepare a glaze with different additions to it like a sparkling one with eatable sparkles and some finely chopped fruit in condensed milk and powdered sugar. It is completely in your hands the ingredients that you want to add to your glaze. To make the glaze just take a cup full of condensed milk on a pan. Heat it on low flame and add a tablespoon or two of powdered sugar depending upon how sweet you want it to be do not burn the milk completely. After the sugar has mixed nicely in the milk, add your own additions to it like mentioned earlier. You can also use certain fruit syrups available in the market and stores like the chocolate or strawberry syrup. There are also more option for glaze like melted white chocolate with a dash of lemon zest. This step is completely exploitable.
7. Once the glaze and the doughnuts are done been ready, take the doughnuts carefully and dip their upper part or completely submerge them in the glaze. You can also pour the glaze over the doughnuts if you want. Whatever feels more convenient to you. Do not forget to sprinkle some powdered sugar in the end to add some extra sweetness to the doughnuts.
8. To decorate or garnish the doughnuts you can use glaze, nuts, chocolate grating, Choco chips, fruit crushes, syrups that are fruit flavored, a scoop of ice cream that you like, grated coconut or grounded chocolate biscuit cookies and much more.
9. You can use the syrups to create different patterns of glaze on top of the doughnuts just like the professional bakers and chefs do in their kitchen. Serve them along with soft drinks or coffee.
10. For the people who do not have the privilege of an oven, you can shallow fry them! Easiest and the fastest way to have your doughnuts. Make sure to use a lighter oil and slight press the doughnuts after they are fried to take of the excess oil from them. Another tip is to mix the condensed milk with 2-3 tbsp or more of fruit crush or flavored fruit syrups. They replace the cooking time and a better option to go for if you are in a hurry on weekday but just cannot eat doughnuts without having glaze over them.