It is something that we might do at least once in our lives which can be a birthday, a wedding ceremony a baby shower or just a casual party with your best friends that you are hosting. Maybe you are volunteering for a cause and trying to raise awareness among the people for it. for it to happened in all the right manners, you need to consider a few things of course so as to make sure that you don’t miss onto something and if a bad thing or situation comes up you need to have a backup for that as well. It might seem like a one-minute task for booking venue and food and that is it. But it has a few more steps that we will be seeing here to have the best out of an event. Here we will be taking you through some basics and things you might forget. A pro tip to make it easier for you is to have a checklist of all the things and tasks so as to make sure nothing is left behind.
1. Identify what do you want to achieve from this. If it’s a typical party your goal might be to have everyone happy and that everyone enjoys there. If it’s a awareness raising event your goals are diversified here, maybe you want to have some funds raised for an organisation that you are working for or you want to just have people understand about a new program in the industry or tell people about something that needs social support. It is much easier to have this question of what I want to have from this event? Cleared in your head
2. Have a team to work with. The next thing that you want to have is a set of few trustworthy people that you might want to take help from to put together this event.as there are literally multiple things that need to be done but in a short amount of time, it will be better for you to have some help. From bringing out new concepts to put together everything. Some people have a good choice of food and some have good technical and mechanical skills, some have good taste of music and whatsoever. Needless to say, you need all these to plan and put together an event.
3. Now that you have a goal in your head and have a team to work on this, looks for a venue. You need to look according to the goal you have. Here is a thing, you cannot host an awareness event in a club. A baby shower will not work out in a food court/ cafe and same goes for birthday in the backyard. So, the idea is clear that specification need to be made for choosing the right venue. You should buy any sweet for birthday such as order online cake delivery in Noida. In order to do that first look how many people are you going to have. Secondly the type of event and
then you can look for the right place. Make sure the place is not too hard to reach and is good in terms of services offered and catering facilities.
4. The next step is to decide on the food because an event or a party only attracts people if it has good food. Since you might be working with a team you can have different thoughts and opinions on this. If you are working alone on it, you still can ask other people or look up the web for some good ideas. Having options is better and have a dessert as well.
5. The music you will be playing is also necessary. To set the environment and the vibe of the party the right music is important, it looks better and people have themselves said that they felt comfortable with the music playing in the background. You can have a soft and calming track if there is going to be a lot of speeches or talking among the crowd. If it is going to be a celebration; you have your own choices.
6. Have a budget planned. It is we very easy to spend a lot more than expected or planned and sometimes when you look back it just is not worth the thousands you put in it. Lest you spend on something that has completely no use. So, it become important to plan a budget. It has a lot of things to cover ranging from the staff to the food and décor of the place or venue
7. Set a day or the date. Give yourself enough time to figure out things nicely. You should have at least a month to plan if you know the event will contain more than 50 people. You need to pick a day that makes it possible for everyone to attend the event and the best suited time of the day because an afternoon event in the backyard or open space will only be appreciated if it is the time of winters and not for too long. An event that is bound to happen in the early morning hours is
better to happen outside as it not too warm or cold. For rainy days you need to look for better places and with parking.
8. Modifying your event. Branding your event if that is something educational or raising awareness, is needed. Think of a tagline that you want for the occasion or if you want to convey message. This tip works mostly for the events that have a purpose to share any idea. You can use this according the ideas you have.
9. Decide on how many people will you be inviting in the event. Now that you have mostly everything figured out like the venue, food and snacks and the music you also need a guests list. Inviting a lot more people than your budget allows is not a good idea and remember that sometimes people bring along their family or friends to the party that might not be mentioned on the list. So, keep it simple and minimal.
10. The last but not the least check lists to the rescue. Make a brief checklist for yourself and for your teammates if working with a team to keep a check on things and small details like the decorations or the invitations and more other details. Use this to help you out when mostly things are done and check off the boxes or things as you go. These are a few basic and widely used categories that are often looked over or considered when thinking or planning an event use them as you want and add