Cakes and Treats that are state of the Art and Homemade!
List Of Content
The social media is full of new dessert photos that people are trying to make in the quarantine situation. With all other resources being out of services currently the best thing one can do is sit at home and enjoy some good food that is easy and does not affect the heath of a person like the street food does. With these treats your posts will get a lot of talks around and people will surely ask you to share your way of making these. Having those typical and boring cakes that just consist of bread and some frosting on top with a berry called as decoration for that matter, feels so intimidating overall. If you want to order special designer cake, you can also order online cake delivery in Noida
- Most of the mentioned treats and cakes are not the typical baking types and if you don’t own a microwave or oven, you still can try these out
- Let us begin by knowing the ingredients or material that you will need throughout the process.
1. Cracker Cake
- It is very unique to thinks of using a new base for a cake rather than a cake that usually has bread baked and has the same taste.
You will need
1. Preferred cracker biscuits. If you don’t have these you can use the non-crème part of crème biscuits as well.
2. Cooled whipped crème. Vanilla ice crème can also be used.
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
1. Preferred berries like grapes, strawberry or small and chopped up fruits of your choice. Mango and pineapple are some of the most used ones in the case of fruits.
2. Gel food colouring. We are using red food colour here. 200 gm of softened butter
3. A mould that is openable from the side (it is completely optional but better choice if you want the cake to be perfect and don’t want to have a hard time getting it out.)
4. Cranberry homemade juice or syrup. You can use gel food colouring as well.
1. Begin by taking the crackers and coat them on one side with the cooled crème or ice crème. Take a pan of the size of the desired cake and line it beginning from the outside with these biscuits till you reach the end and the centre. Use smaller parts in the centre of the cake. This will act as the base of the cake like the bread we typically use in your desserts. If you are working with ice cream, make sure to do things faster as the ice crème has the tendency to melt and liquify faster than a crème base.
2. Put a big scoop of crème on top of the base that is already cooled or ice cream and smoothen out the edges with the help of a spatula. Place the base in the refrigerator to set for about 1 to 2 hours of time.
3. Till the time being, use the lest crème and add to it some butter that is softened or melted and a cup of powdered sugar. Whisk it properly so that it acquires the red food colour and the sugar gets mixed in properly. Cool this as well for about 30 mins to an hour in the fridge.
4. Take the chopped fruits and coat them in sweet sugar syrup. You have to take some 2tbsp of powdered sugar and dissolve it in warm water that is also 2 tbsp. Once it gets completely dissolved, coat the fruits or berries in this initially and then in dry powdered sugar as well. This will be used as a garnish later on.
5. Now take the base out of the fridge and spread a layer of coated fruits on top as the second layer. Cover them with the coloured crème layer and even out the edges with the help of a spatula. Use the rest of the left-over fruits and berries to top them off as a decorating object and freeze it for another round of 3- to 45 minutes.
6. Serve chilled with crushed crackers on the top.
2. Granola n more
So far it the easiest form of dessert that anyone can make. This takes only 20-30 minutes to make apart from the freezing time that you don’t have to lay any role in .and you can store it up for 5 to 7 days as well. The dessert gives just the right amount of crunch and softness all in one place.
- You will need:
1. Chocolate ice crème or if you want strawberry or any other flavoured ice crème
2. Granola bar or crackers or grounded biscuits of your choice
3. Whipped crème or just melt some marshmallows in the oven or on low heat by double boiler method
4. Silicon mould for cupcakes
5. Saran wrap or food wrap
1. Ground with the help of a food processor granola or cereal of your choice. If you want to use cereal that you can have with milk make use of coco’s or honey loops for better tasting. Make it a point not to finely ground them if you want some crunch in the dessert by layering the silicon moulds by the saran or food wrap and fill these little sections with some powdered or roughly grounded cereal or crackers or biscuits and a scoop of ice crème that you want. Flatten the layer of ice crème a little with the help of a spoon.
2. Another point to remember here is to not place a single layer of saran wrap but small pieces to cover the sections the mould you are using. Make it like a little bowl.
3. Use the crème or melted marshmallows as the third layer and with the help of a spoon smoothen it out. Then freeze this whole set up in the freezer for about an hour.
4. When ready, take them out and pick them with the help of edges of saran wrap and invert them on a serving dish. There you have it a no bake easy ready to go dessert that took literally no time to be made.
5. If you want you can keep the dish for like 20 seconds in the microwave at a lower temperature to let the marshmallow tops roast a little bit, since most of us do not have a flame torch.
3. Oreo muffin truffle
Another no bake cheese cake type muffin that requires no baking this is something that you can make literally any time.
You will need:
- Oreo biscuits
- Melted butter
- Berries or chopped fruits.
- Whipped crème
- Small plastic or silicon cups
- Powdered sugar
1. Crush the Oreos and pour some melted butter on top of them. Mix the two ingredients properly to incorporate the butter in it. With the help of a spoon make a layer of crushed Oreos in the mould or cups that you will be using. Flatten the top
2. Take some cooled whipped creme and either pipe it on to of these little cupcakes or pour with the help of a spoon in the cup. Flatten this out as well and add another layer of crushed Oreos. Add a spoon of powdered sugar on top. You can even use caramelized sugar as a top
3. Freeze them until they set for like an hour and then carefully remove them from the designated cups. If you want to add extra factor to them use a scoop of vanilla ice crème or use some white and dark chocolate grated and combined together. You can use both of them at the same time as well.
4. Top it off with some berries and another scoop of crème.
5. Serve them chilled and preferably chop them into two to make it much easier to eat for others. That is how they serve at hotel though.
4. Strawberry Cheese Cake
No, you really don’t have to bake it this may seem to be something that would require a good amount of time and effort but to be honest it really does not. You will just need a few basic ingredients and items to make this and the thing that you can store this for a week makes you want to eat it every time after you come back from a bad or rough day. You might as well want to make it in bulk of amounts it is that good.
Let us see what we really need to make this treat.
- You will need:
- store bough cake base
- A cup of fresh and cleaned strawberries
- Whipped crème or vanilla ice crème
- Powdered sugar about 2 tbsp
- Piping bag small or medium depending on your preference
1. Lay down the store bough plain cake base and start by filling the piping bag with the cooled whipped crème. Pipe it in a thick layer on the top of the cake bread. Now with the help of a spatula or a knife or spoon, flatten it out and smooth out the edges.
2.Make the puree of out some strawberries by either crushing them simply or using a food processor to blend them and pour from the top like drizzle. Garnish and finish off with some sprinkles of powdered sugar.
3. Cut into squares and serve.
5. Lemon mouse lava cake
It looks like being portraited straight from the movies and if you are a Jenner or Kardashian fan you will surely love the lemon cake that they make every Christmas party. Well if you want to experience for once what they do every time while having this heavenly cake, you must have a look at the way mentioned here to make the better version of lemon cake they had. Don not panic by hearing that it is a cake and will need an oven or microwave. You can use the cover cooking method where you fill up a big utensil with water and the smaller utensil or pan having the batter or cake mix resting on a stand in the bigger utensil. Keep this set up on medium flame and cook until the cake rises make sure to coat the pan or the baking tin, whatever you are using with some softened butter nicely all around, this will help to take the cake out of the tin and avoid it from sticking its sides.
Let’s know the right way to make it.
You will need:
- Cake mixes. If you do not have one you could bake one by the method mention earlier.
- White chocolate 200gm
- Melted butter 100 gm
- Eggs 2 medium
- All-purpose flour
- Whipped cream
- Lemon zest 100gm
- Lemon crush 3 tbsp.
- Silicon mould or tin.
1. Chop some of the white chocolate in a bowl and to it, add all-purpose flour, along with some melted butter, eggs, whipped crème and the two lemon products that are lemon zest and lemon crush to give the cake its actual taste.
2. Mix the batter well enough so that there are no lumps and pour it carefully with the help of a spoon, in to the silicon mould or the small other moulds and flatten them out. Place some whipped cream and white chocolate that is melted in the centre and add another layer of the lemon batter,
3. bake them by the method mentioned above by using a double boiler for the need. Since this is a recipe that is independent of a microwave or an oven but if you have one use it to your advantage.
4. Carefully after the cakes have been done, take them out of the silicon or mould that is used, and place them in a serving dish.
5. Make sure to check it once with a toothpick or any thin sharp object like skewer and not to cook it for a longer time as it will turn out to be a solid and stone like texture,
6. On top, pipe some cooled whipped crème and add a piece of fruit if you want, serve it with vanilla ice cream and lemon zest sprinkled on the side and top respectively.
6. Cinnamon apple pie cups
The idea used here makes them very different from the regular pies that you must have been eating or trying till now.
You will need:
- All-purpose flour or cake mix
- Warm milk
- Melted butter
- Apple sliced and diced
- Powdered sugar
1. Prepare a dough by combining the flour and milk. You can add eggs if you want it to be fluffy and thick. While the ingredients are dry, add melted butter and powdered sugar as well to make the base sweet.
2. Make bowl shapes by either hand, the rough shape or by using an inverted bowl of the same size as the bowl you want to make and create a bowl out of it.
3. Keep them in the fridge for about 30 minutes to an hour to maintain their shapes and cool down. Take them out and to the cups add, diced and sliced apples that are coated in sugar syrup and a scoop of whipped crème a layer of grounded or crushed crackers or biscuits that are plain. Put this to bake in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes or use the double boiler method as mention earlier.
4. Check the bread and the apples to be soft and be of gooey texture with the help of toothpick or another sharp object.
5. Once they are done take the pies out and sprinkle some good old powdered sugar on top of them to have a drizzling effect, while they are hot or warm. Serve them with some apple sauce or maple syrup, you could use a dash of honey as well.
7. Crispy strawberry roles
As the name suggests they are little crispy roles that just melt in the mouth and really easy to make in just like 3 to 4 step they get ready.
Here is what you need:
- All-purpose flour
- Powdered sugar
- Strawberries fresh and clean
- Cottage cheese or curd
- Lemon zest
- Whipped cream
1. Make rolls from the foil thick enough not to lose shape. Make dough out of the all-purpose flour by binding it with the help of milk, roll these into circles with the help of rolling pin and then around the foil to make tube shapes out of them.
2. Deep fry them in oil and dab off the excess from the roles with the help of tissue paper. Let them cool down for a while, and then take out the foil but be careful not to break the thin and crispy rolls. When they are still quite warm. Dip them in powdered sugar from all the sides equally to coat the roll
3. Take the fresh strawberries and crush them to make into a thick paste. Add a scoop of butter, curd or yogurt and 2 tbsp of powdered sugar and some lemon zest to it, mix it well to dissolve the sugar and combine all the ingredients together.
4. Put the mix into a piping bag or use a plastic or zip lock bad with the lower end cut off according to the amount of crème you want to come out. Pipe the crème into the rolls and sprinkle some lemon zest on top to finish off and serve chilled after keeping in the fridge for about an hour.