These days health is a great concern for all of us. Many of us are facing the issues of overweight, diabetes and stomach related problems. However, does that mean that you will no longer be able to eat delicious food?
Green tea cake is a light & moist cake that is not too sweet and has a refreshing green tea aroma. The frosting uses cream cheese but has enough sweetness to mask the sour taste. The green tea powder also referred as ‘matcha’ gives it a delicate green shade too.
So today, we have brought the recipe of a delicious and healthy green tea sponge cake for you. And at anytime you feel, baking cake is not your cup of tea, you can enjoy the best taste of cakes through online cake delivery in Noida.
- 6 eggs
- 90 gms milk
- 60 gms oil
- 100 gms flour
- 15g green tea powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 100 gms caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- Take out eggs and separate egg whites and egg yolks in separate bowls.
- Using a hand whisk, mix together egg yolks, milk and oil until well combined.
- Sift the flour and green tea powder and mix until combined. Leave it aside for some time and take up the bowl containing egg whites.
- Use an electrical whisk to beat the egg whites until foamy before adding the cream of tartar. Beat a couple of seconds before adding the sugar gradually and continue to beat until a firm peak is
- Fold it into the yolk mixture in 3 additions.
- Pour ready batter into the prepared pan slowly from a height to get rid of big bubbles. Shake the pan from side to side to make the top even.
- Bake the batter in the oven keeping it in a water bath at 155 degree Celsius for 80-85 minutes or until cooked. Press lightly on the center of the cake. If it springs back then it’s a good indication that it is cooked. Otherwise, bake a little longer and test again.
- Remove from the oven and invert it on a non-stick pan and let it cool completely.
In this way, healthy and fragrant tea cakes will be ready to serve.